WMU 'W' logo
Western Michigan University
Facilities Management
GoWMU | W-Exchange | A-Z List

Find People | Advanced Search

Facilities Management

Bronco Projects

The Project Request Form must be completed and submitted to the Facilities Management Department to have your project request placed in the system. Fill out the form below in its entirety. Check to make sure that all information is correct.

After you submit your request, it will be reviewed and assigned to a Project Manager. This person will oversee and coordinate the project with you from start to finish, and communicate with you on a regular basis regarding the status of your project. Project Managers are assigned each Monday. If you do not hear from us, please contact the FM Service Center at (269) 387-8514.

We are pleased that campus is requesting many projects that will enhance our students' experiences as well as advance WMU's mission. The significant and unprecedented volume of requests is requiring us to review and prioritize projects. Projects that relate to safety and student success will receive attention first . The complexity of scope is also a factor for scheduling and resource dedication. Due to the volume of requests, some project requests will be deferred until resources are available to manage and/or construct the project.

Design support capacity exists for projects that require architectural and engineering documents through WMU resources as well as our partner, Tower Pinkster. The design work will proceed as funding is received. A design WMU lead person and an external design professional will work with the client to create an agreeable design and within the client's construction budget. A Project Manager is assigned at project initiation and will participate in a planning meeting that defines scope and assesses constructability. Once design is complete, the project manager (based on availability) will lead the construction process to successful completion.

We look forward to working with you to achieve your goals and vision.

Departments and/or divisions must engage the SAC when space assignment and re-assignment crosses divisions, requires space renovation that equals or exceeds one-million dollars ($1M), changes the primary function of a room whether within or across departments/divisions, or for new construction requests.

Project Request Form - (step 1 of 4)

Requester Information
*Request Type:

Confirmation of Approval:
Please note that by the direction of the Provost's office, any Academic Affairs project request that has the potential to exceed $50,000 for design and construction must be approved in advance by the Provost's office.